Pay attention to the comfort, support, and fit of the mattress. A good mattress will support your body and protect the endurance of the cervical spine, spine and lumbar spine.
· Mattress too soft: incorrect support of the body cause more back pain.
· Mattress too hard: The body can not fit the mattress completely, the decompression effect is low, and the body can not relax and rest.
Tips: The first shopping key rules: be sure to try to lie down and try to sleep! And try every posture, if you feel uncomfortable lying on it, difficult to turn over, or back pain, then don't choose it.
1) difficult to turn over means too soft
2) Some body touches feel painful,showing it is too hard
What should pay attention to if choose a mattress for two people? Also ask two of you to lie down and feel it together, to see the degree of depression of the mattress and the vibration of the mattress and the feeling of the other when one side flips.
There may be slight differences in the size of different mattress brands. The following are approximate figures:
Twin：38 x 74”
Twin XL：38 x 80”
Full：54 x 74”
Full XL：54 x 80”
Queen：60 x 80”
King：76 x 80”
California King：72 x 84”
The vibration level of the mattress when waking up and turning over.
The supporting force of the mattress on various points of the body is related to the hardness. The ideal support can keep the spine in a natural state during sleep, and will not get back pain when getting up.
The softness and hardness of the mattress. Mattresses that are too soft tend to have poor supportability. Although mattresses that are too hard have sufficient support, they have poor fit and will cause high local pressure.
Common mattress softness in the market
1) Mattress without a surface layer
Extra Firm / Ultra Firm
Plush Firms / Cushion Firms/ Luxury Firm:Between hard and soft, the cotton on the surface of the mattress is thicker, which increases comfort.
2) Mattress with a surface layerPillow Top: Double cushion mattress or pillow mattress. A soft cushion layer is sewn on the top of the mattress, which can also be called a cushioning layer, to increase comfort. This cushion layer is separated from the mattress and looks like a pillow, so it is called a pillow mattress.
Euro top：The difference from Pillow Top is that the cushion is not sewn on separately, but is combined with the mattress, and there is no gap between the cushion and the mattress. Euro Top will be harder than Pillow Top and will provide better lumbar support.
3) Very soft memory foam mattress
Gel Memory Foam
5. Fitness: The contact area between the mattress and the body. The larger the contact area, the better the fit, and the pressure on the body can be more dispersed.
6. Breathability: Related to fitness. The higher the fitness, the more attention should be paid to heat dissipation, so as not to get hotter and hotter as you sleep.